News: The Discussion area is live now.

Author Topic: Buying advice - Royal Enfield Electra or thunderbird- issues with RE ?  (Read 7776 times)

Anil Kumar Srirama.

I am staying in bangalore. My height - 6'.3". I am planning to buy a RE bike for City as well as Highway(Both). Im confused which one to choose(Electra/Thunderbird 350cc only). Can you suggest me the right one? Which bike is suitable for old people(age-60) normally Thunderbird/Electra? Will Dealers replace long silencer to short silencer at the time of delivery free of cost/ i should pay extra? Will dealers still having stock of Short Silencer(i.e.,Old Bullet Silencer)? Bcoz short silencer gives good thump than long silencer. Which is best silencer? (upswept or normal indore straight silencer)? I heard Is there Oil Leakage Problem in RE models really? Why is it happening? Vibrations also there it seems? Any other suggestions to buy a new RE model.? Thanks

Mohsin Hasan

• Administrator
You have several questions:

1. Right bike from RE for a tall guy like you..
2. RE for 60+
3. Long silencer with short silencer, which is best one ?
4. Oil leakage issues in new RE ?

For answers:
1. It is completely based upon your choice, as per personal experience and view, new thunderbird is most comfortable among all RE and is better for long rides. But I suggest you to go to nearby RE showroom and take test ride of all.

2. In our group, we have some 60+ members, one has recently purchased Royal Enfield Std. 500, he is happy with it but has been riding RE from many years already. Another 60+ member has purchased RE thunderbird and he is happy with it.

3. It is again your choice, generally people go for after market product, glasswool silencer is preferred if you don't want to make noise but still want thump. Dealer can change silence for you , but will charge for it , moreover chances are they will use same after market silencer which you can get yourself.

4. Well, there could be slight leakage, even in new one but generally get solved with few services, will not be much issue though.
Dug.. Dug.. Dug..

Can you hear the music ?

kunalvid

Re: Buying advice - Royal Enfield Electra or thunderbird- issues with RE ?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 07:39:05 AM »
Now thunderbird is called a failed bike in the Indian market but you will not regret owning one.