News: Question related to site or community, ask HERE.

Author Topic: Royal Enfield Classic 500 - normal petrol or premium high octane petrol  (Read 7555 times)

c500

Hi friends,

I always use premium petrol in RE C500 but sometimes I can not find premium higher octane petrol and I have to manage with normal petrol and then I feel that there are more vibrations in bike at high speed and also there are more issues regarding power, I feel power get reduced if I use normal petrol.

Though my RE service manager insist me to always use high octane petrol but it is not available all the time and now I am worried. Can it be harmful for my engine , can it cause problem in my bike if I am using normal petrol but not the premium petrol ?

Guide please.

Mohsin Hasan

• Administrator
There is no rule that you have to use high octane petrol in C500 , though its FI but if there is high compression ratio of 1:12 or more then you need such petrol. From what I know, C500 has only 1:8 compression ratio so normal fuel is good. Btw, who told you that you have to use only high octane fuel only in C500 ? , the service guy, have you seen it written somewhere in manual ?
Dug.. Dug.. Dug..

Can you hear the music ?

c500

Thanks for the info. It was helpful :)