News: The Discussion area is live now.

Author Topic: Desert Storm fouling Spark Plug  (Read 7710 times)

Sam18

Desert Storm fouling Spark Plug
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:58:32 AM »
Hi Guys
The Royal Enfield Desert Storm that i Have is a 2013 model and done only 2000kms. the only problem that i have is the fouling of the plugs which makes it difficult for me to travel here and there since the bull may break down anytime. i have spare plugs with me but the problem is i wouldn't want to mess up with my engine when in formals, or even more embarassing when i have a pillion rider who is giving me good comments on my bull.

PS. im using ngk iridium plugs

Please advice!!

Sanjeev

Re: Desert Storm fouling Spark Plug
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
Thats seriously something disappointing as well embarrassing at same time.  I will consult experience members in this concern. Stay put..:)

Himanshu

Re: Desert Storm fouling Spark Plug
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »
Hi Sam,

The very initial lot of Classic 500 were all suffering from this problem, because of which RE came up with a second Map for the ECU. There could a few things you can start with. A) Put a new air filter. B) Change your main plug to NGK BPR6ES, 3) And if these do not address your problem, reflash your ECU, for which you will have to coordinate with RSM at your dealership. I assume this will definitely help you. Keep us updated. Thanks for writing to WeRoyal Riders Club Agra.

Avtoservis_wtMr

• Автосервис
Автосервис
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 04:46:03 AM »
Профессиональный подход к иностранным авто
Автосервис японских автомобилей http://www.tokyogarage.ru.
Ремонт японских авто tokyogarage.ru.